Anyone have a baby as a result of a rape? kinda long...

My niece was raped a little over a year ago, she had just turned 14. this was a tragedy for our family especially that she became pregnant from it. She ended up keeping the baby, my husband and I saw the baby for the first time recently he is now 6 months old. Of course I think that the rape was horrible. Everyone is in love with this baby, of course you can't hold it against the baby. But my husband and I came home and my husband was very upset. I asked him why, he said he thinks she is just not wanting to tell who the father is and maybe said it was rape as not to get in trouble. He thinks he knows who the father is because of how the baby looked. I think it could just be a coincidence. We never implied anything towards my niece though, of course we support her. Just wondering if anyone has a similar story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• A couple in my church adopted a little boy, his mother was raped in college and that is how he came to be. She didn't want to abort the baby since she believed it wasn't his fault but she also didn't want to see him everyday and be reminded of what had happened. I think I would be thinking more like she was and not like your niece. Yes, it isn't the baby's fault but the baby would be reminder of that pain everyday.
    Anonymous

• I know a lot of women that were raped and kept the baby. Looking at the baby isn't a reminder of the pain, looking at the baby reminds them of something totally different...anyways...why would your dh be upset if she lied and said she was raped? What difference does it really make? One thing that I"ve learnt in life, what's done in the dark, will eventually come to light...Meaning, if it wasn't rape, eventually the true story will come to light!!! Until then, leave the little girl (cause that's what she is) alone and be supportive towards her...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• mom2mybabes, as someone who has been raped twice, it would make me VERY angry if someone lied about being raped to save face, thats disgusting.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009