40 weeks 5 days pregnant and had some blood in the toilet

I was like a little peace of snot but red. Is this apart of my plug? Did this happen to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anon. Due dates are not 100% 5 days past the "guess date" is not that much. I delivered at 42 weeks. That phrase always rubs me the wrong way. "Let you" There is no need to induce a pregnancy unless there is something wrong with tha baby or mother
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• sounds like it mama. You could go at any time at this point so just watch for the contractions hon. Sounds like it'll be soon!
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 1:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• WOW I cant believe your doctor let you go that long. Hopefully you will go at anytime. Are you dilated at all?

Anonymous

• get ready to have that baby!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• sounds like your mucus plug....MOST people tend to go anytime after or up to a week after...with both my kids when i lost it it was EXACTLY a week...but ive heard of people going hours after...hehe
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• anon, why are you surprised?? Most doctors will let you go up to 2 wks late before inducing unless there are problems, anyway, This could be the plug. When I had this happen with my first it was a thursday and he was born on saturday. Good luck, it's almost time!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• sounds like your mucus plug. labor could be soon or a week away. so, don't get your hopes up too much. i started losing my 4 days before i went into labor.
    i'm w/ isra1986; that phrase rubs me the wrong way. 40 wk isn't a magical number or day. personally, i don't think that your "overdue" until after 42 wks. and that's what dr's used to go by.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 3:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• That is your mucous plug but it doesnt mean that labor is anytime soon. With you being 40+ weeks, it most likely is coming soon but losing your plug does NOT have anything to do with the timing of birth. I lost my plug at 31 weeks (I was 2 cm dilated) and didnt have my DD til I was induced at 38.5 weeks

Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009