Advice for Pinworms

So we just figured out last night that our 5 year old has pinworms. She had said her privates were itching the last 3 nights but I thought it was just that she wasn't wiping properly and she is really sensitive to acid and I thoought maybe she had just had too much juice. So last night I was going to check her before she went to sleep to make sure she didn't have any toilet paper or anything stuck in there and when I went to check there were 3 pinworms on her anus. This morning I went to the store and got the medicine and now I am trying to figure out the best way to get her toys cleaned. Any good advice for a stressed mama??? Also I have a 14 month old and she doesn't weigh enough to take the medicine. When I called and talked to the nurse she didn't seem concerned because she wasn't showing any signs of the pinworms and I had checked her as well. Anyone had to deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Yes...those pinworms are a pain in the butt...lol get it...lol

Seriously...Just keep her privates clean at all times try using unscented wipes to wipe her privates and dab alittle of this medicine on her. As far as cleaning her toys just wipe them down with a damp cloth with a tad of bleach and go from there and spray with Lysol in her areas wash all her sleeping stuff and soon they will be gone but they might just come back if she plays alot outside like the dirt, sand or just sitting on the ground I am not sure how they get there but all kids go through this...sometimes I do too...lol it could be a mind thing for me though...lol Hope this helps.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• my friend's son had pinworms from eating dirt...

Answer by rkoloms at 1:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• my daughter picked it up from school at that age and I was pregnant at the time, plus I had 2 other children that I was worried may have it. Thankfully she was the only one. I treated her with the medicine and just cleaned everything the best I could. Try to explain that she needs to keep her hands away from the area and not to itch and not to put her hands in her mouth. That's how it gets transmitted. Try not to stress about the younger one at this point just clean the best you can and keep the babies hands as clean as you can. Clean under the nails real well too.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009