Placenta Abruption? Please Help...

I'm 20 weeks along with our 4th baby. We just found out yesturday that its a girl. But the bad news is the Placenta is tearing away from the Uterus so I'm on strict bed rest but there is NOTHING that they can do because I'm way too early. Apparently if this goes bad it could be deadly for baby and myself. I am so scared. I'm looking for anyone who has gone through this or knows someone who has gone through it. I'm not looking for any negative comments so keep them to yourself! I have enough to worry about as it is!

angieluv

Asked by angieluv at 1:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My best friend had this with her daughter (my goddaughter). She was on complete bedrest, and delivered at 32 weeks. She and the baby were just fine. She discovered it around the same time you did, and they put her on bedrest immediately. Follow your doctors orders to the letter! Don't do anything that is not approved by the doctor. They are going to tell you the worst to prepare you just in case, but you can have a healthy baby - don't stress over it too much! Just relax and concentrate on being as healthy as possible for you and your little one. You can do it hon - good luck and I will be thinking of you!!!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have never even heard of this. I am SO SO SO SORRY to hear that you are going through this. Though I dont know much about your condition if you ever wanna talk I am here.
    DueOnSept23

Answer by DueOnSept23 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Wow Angie I am so sorry!!! Stick to the bedrest!! Is there anyone who can help you with the other kids during the day? You are in my thoughts!
    JanaeKrell

Answer by JanaeKrell at 2:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• idk what to even say hunny, im soo soryy you have to go through this right now...but ill be praying very hard for you and your little girls safety!!
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My sister had this happen, well it was a partial abruption but still very dangerous. The ultrasounds showed nothing wrong, but she had a strange feeling something was wrong. At 34 wks she was giving her 10 mo old a bath and all the sudden there was blood everywhere, she said she has never seen so much blood in her life! Thankfully she lives about 5min from the hospital and the ambulance got there really quick, they rushed her in for an emergency c-section. She needed 2 blood transfusions and the baby ended up in the nicu. Turns out the placenta was detaching from the middle not the edges, wich is why they didnt detect it earlier. Her baby ended up weighing 6lb 6oz, but she needed alot of help. She stayed in the hospital for 6 wks and came home on her due date. Hopefully you will be luckier because they know about it already, good luck!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I wish you the best of luck, a good friend of mine had this happen late in pregnancy - they had never detected it till she started bleeding (around 35 weeks) and it didn't end good.

Just follow your drs orders and stay on bed rest!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 2:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009