Is it normal to be HOT during pregnancy?

I am very newly pregnant (like I just missed AF and found out yesterday). I have been having severe symptoms for a week. In addition to my ¨normal¨ pregnancy symptoms I have been VERY hot. Like it was 75 in my house and I was sweating. I do have a thyroid problem and have a call into my doctor to see if he wants to recheck my levels but could this be from pregnancy?

JasonsMom2007

Asked by JasonsMom2007 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. A pregnant woman is an incubator

Answer by rkoloms at 1:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yep, I was sweating like a whore in church through the entire pregnancy :)
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies, at least I know it is normal. How in the world am I going to survive the outdoor church carnival this weekend I have NO clue! It´s only supposed to be 90 thankfully (vs the 104 of yesterday) but I have to help with setup and cleanup as well so it is 14 hour days out in this. And on top of that nobody knows I am pregnant and since it has not yet been confirmed by a doctor I don´t really want to tell so I can´t use that as a reason!
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my daughter, starting at around 5 to 6 months, I would have slept in a bed of ice if my husband would have let me! Be glad your pregnancy will be in the cooler months, though! That's something!
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• VERY NORMAL!!! During my pregnancy, the air conditioner ran 24/7, my husband would wear 3 layers of clothing & I would still be hot!!!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2009