Dry, Flaky Skin!

The skin on my nose and forehead are so dry that I have flakes of skin constantly! I wash once a day with regular tap water, don't use facial cleansers (as that makes it worse), and use a gentle facial moisturizer and I can never seem to get rid of the flakes of skin. I can't even wear makeup anymore because of it! Not even if I exfoliate (which I only do 1-2 times a mth)... I've literally made my skin bleed trying to get rid of this flaky skin and still nothing. This never happened until after I gave birth to my children. What can I do to stop it?!?!

(p.s. I also occasionally use vit e oil when it get particularly bad, but other than that... nothing else)

NDFanatik

Asked by NDFanatik at 1:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Two things: See a dermatologist because it might be something more and they will be able to tell you how to manage it. Also, consider a supplement like lecethin or Vit. E, fish oil, omega 3 or something that will work from the inside out. Don't over scrub or over wash.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Do you drink enough water? You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses a day.

What supplements do you take? I would add evening primrose oil and flax or hemp oil.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I usually drink tons of water (been slacking here lately bc of moving and being SUPER busy) but this has been going on for almost 3 years now (except when I was pregnant it cleared up)! I take prenatals (bc I still bf), extra calcium, iron, & vit c, fish oil, vit e oil (internally & sometimes externally), and that's about it. EPO eh? I've never used that on my face. I'll have to check those out... thanks :)
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009