• In the Spotlight:

this is for mammas who have gotten C-sec.

okay i am on my 5th pregnancy all my pregnancys have been done vaginaly>sorry if spelled wrong. this time though i wanted to get my tubes tied. so i will have to get a c-sec. this is totally freaking me out. i was just wondering how long it took for yall to heal, and how bad everything was.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not bad - really about 2 weeks you're not comfortable...but after that you'll be feeling fine!
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I had an emergency C Section after thirty hours of labor. The healing process was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it was definitely hard. The immediate recovery was the worst...when they make you get up and walk. Beyond the first week or so, the healing is not to awful...and you're pretty much yourself again within the next six to eight weeks, in my experience....except that I lost any muscle or strength in my abdomen, and that's taken time to get back, and I'm still working on it a year later.
    Anonymous

• i know this will prbably sound stupid but you can still breastfeed if you get a c-sec right?
    Anonymous

• well i am not worried about the strenth, heck i have had 6 kids one pregnancy i had twins so my tummy is pretty messed up. lol, its not terrible but i cant ever see myself with even a 2 pack.
    Anonymous

• You don't have to have a C-section to have your tubes tied, first of all. I'm not sure if you're aware of that so I thought I'd mention it.

I had 2 vaginal births, then my last was a c-section. It wasn't fun. The majority of my pain was over in the first couple of weeks and I was able to control the pain somewhat with Ibuprofen. I still had to be careful about over-exerting for about 4 weeks after that, and I got little twinges of pain until I was around 8 weeks post-partum.

Pain-wise it was bad. I do think getting up and moving around helped speed the healing process though. Good luck to you.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i had a c section for my daughter that wasnt planned. i was 2 weeks over due and wouldnt go into labor, so had the c section. the procedure took about 45 minutes, you'll be sore for a awhile. after the c section for about 6 months i would get sharp pains where the incision was. but also i didnt know you had to have a c section in order to have your tubes tied. i thought it was something they do via belly button. but idk your probably right. you'll be ok tho, im due in october again and having another c section. good luck :]
    Anonymous

• really i was always told that i had to get a c-sec done in order to have my tubes tied. well thanks.
    Anonymous

• As far as the strength...I'm not talking about conditioning strength....I'm just talking muscle in general...you are left with NONE....they cut through muscle. I had a hard time laying down on my back for at least six months after my C-Section because of the pulling where the incision was and because any muscle I had previously had there was completely nonexistant....I would never have been able to get up!
    Anonymous

• You do NOT have to have a c-section to tie your tubes!!!

They can either go in vaginally or do laproscopic surgery with a tiny incision through or next to your belly button. Much easier and less healing time than a c-section. Don't let ANY doctor convince you you have to have a c-section in order to do it!!

As for how painful a c-section is... My 1st kid was a c-section baby and I had a HORRIBLE time with it. I couldn't even sleep in my own bed for 8 weeks. I could barely move around for 4 weeks and I couldn't do normal activities for 6. 3 months til I was back to normal. It was THE most horrible thing I ever had to go through. I would never wish it even on my worst enemy. But everyone has a different experience and mine was on the more extreme side of painful. I still wouldn't recommend it though.
    Anonymous

• well thank you, i think i might be looking for a new doctor now. since i have had so many vaginally thats what i would really like to do. but my doctor was saying that a c-sec is the best way to go. thank you soooooo much. i meen even when i had my twins i was able to do it vaginally.
    Anonymous