Breaking news: Compromise on healthcare bill has been reached.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/29/health.care/index.html

A group of fiscally conservative House Democrats announced Wednesday they reached a deal with the chamber's Democratic leaders on a health care reform bill.

Are we finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?

And to those who oppose it what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Will it be another government program ran and controlled by? If so I disagree on that alone.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• BREAKING: AMA Endorses House Bill.
    Via Health Care for America Now: The American Medical Association just sent a letter to House Ways and Means Chairman Charles Rangel, endorsing the health reform proposal put forward by three House committees
    Anonymous

• Groan.
    When I first heard of the moderate Democrats ( unfortunately you CAN'T call them fiscally-conservative because they are only slightly less "big gov't" than their fellows ) ...

When I first heard of them, I was VERY encouraged. But then when I listened to what they had to say, my hopes fell. They had no quibble with the ton of bricks coming down to crush personal rights and liberties - they just wanted the $$ to get evened out.

Look at the other post here - "UHC as it sits. does this sound reasonable to ANYONE?" for a list of gov't invasions which have NOTHING to do with the $$.

Darn. I'm getting scared again that they might push this monster through.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I will need more details, but am paying close attention.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 2:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Exactly waldorfmom and Obama is saying it isn;t a government take over......give me a damn break...peeing down my leg and saying no it's raining.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• tnmomofive, LMAO!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Well, it is going to happen sooner or later. They are not going to let it go. It doesn't matter what is in it, if the government has control of anything it will be bad for all Americans. It's cliche' to say I told you so but when it starts pouring I will come back and tell you "I told you so"
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We Are F * C K E D!
    Anonymous

• You knew the blue dogs were going to cave in sooner or later. Obama, Pelosi and Reid were like old coon hounds with chicken bones about this UHC.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 2:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Well, it if passes, I'll have a few years to wrap things up here in the states before becominga legal citizen elsewhere!! so, not kidding!
    Anonymous