My toddler is getting tubes in her ears tomorrow....

My 3 yr old DD is getting tubes in her ears tomorrow morning. Anyone have any advice for me? I am a nervous wreck. lol.

KlousMomi

Asked by KlousMomi at 1:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son had tubes put in his ears when he was 9 months old. I remember how upset I was when they came and took him from my arms! They promised me that they would have him back to me in 10 minutes and they did. He was crying and I gave him a cup of his favorite juice and his favorite stuffed animal and 10 seconds later he was absolutely fine. He never had an ear infection after that! It's been 3 1/2 glorious years without an ear infection!! So just don't let her know how upset you are, reassure her that it will be quick and she'll be fine. She really will be ok, and at least she won't have any more ear problems.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Just take a dep breath and calm down. Getting tubes put in is a pretty simple procedure. My youngest had his first set put in at 6 months. The whole procedure took less than an hour. If you have any questions about what to expect or what they will do during the procedure feel free to pm me.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 1:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• When i was 3 or 4 I had tubes put in my ear and i didnt remember much of it but what i do remember it was good. I remember my mother gave me a doll to hold onto while I went in the room. And she told me to stay calm and I will be going to sleep with my dolly and some nice doctors are going to make my owie go away. And when I wake up I will have a lolly pop waiting for me and her arm be there to hug me. I laid on the bed and the docs told me to count backwards from 5 and by the time I got to 3 I was out. And sure enough when it was all over I got my lolly pop and my hug. Nothing to worry about Your child is in God's hands.
    Chize

Answer by Chize at 2:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My son had tubes put in when he was 22 months old and I too was a nervous wreck. I quickly calmed down because the Dr sat down and explained every detail and the procedure itself took about 5 minutes. She will be just fine. My son is four now and the tubes have fallen out, but they definitely helped his constant ear infections. Good luck tomorrow!
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I've been there 3 times once for my son , twice for my other son. He'll be ok, you will see:)
    threeyobs

Answer by threeyobs at 4:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Their ears can bleed afterwards, and it will freak out your friends. :) My friend's 1 year old had them in, and later that week we were at church together and blood just randomly dripped out. I didn't know he'd had it done, and I about poo'd my pants.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009