How do you tell parents no to a visit?

They invited me down to Florida for a week in august. Family issues occurring and don't want to go. Nice way to tell them no without hurting their feelings would be?
I don't have a good relationship with my family. They are very controlling and I don't like that!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Thanks, but right now isn't good for me. I think any visits will have to wait until after (enter some event/ month name here).
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I agree, just tell them that right now is a bad time, and you're very busy, but you can plan something in a later date. I'm in the same situation, and I just come out and tell them that I'm in no mood to go through the nonsense right now, but that's me, I'm very blunt, but do what you feel is right.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I agree with the others, say something like "thanks for the invitation, but I can't make it, I have alot going on right now."
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2009