How do I get rid of adult acne?

I have never had any problem with acne ever in my life, up till the last 6 months...I am turning 30 in Nov, and have read this could be causing it, cuz my hormones are changing???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'm 29... my skin got to be troublesome when I was around 22. I feel like a teen! Haha. Rx BenzaClin is the only thing that has really worked well. Try changing your make up or switching soaps. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 4:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I am 30 and have suffered from acne for several years mine is pretty severe though ive tried everything from over the counter to prescriptions,nothing worked I recently was contacted by a friends sister who is an esthetician (sp?) and plastic surgeon and she told me that most adult acne is caused by bacteria in your intestinal tract she recommended to use a cleanser and creme with salicid acid (not benzoid peroxide) and to up your zinc and to also buy a supplement called acidophilus  I dont have it in front of me but it is a pro-biotic and will kill the bad bacteria in your intestines take 2-4 a day with food plus the zinc and the cleanser and there you go for me it will take several mths for mine to clear up(MINE IS SEVERE) but the results will be practically permanent unlike using acne creams alone which can put your skin in a vicious cycle

jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 2:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Thank you so much to all you for the ideas..i will let you know how it goes :)
    carypenrod

Answer by carypenrod at 10:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have tried the honey mask, that was interesting lol...do i just put honey on straight out of the jar? How long do i leave it on? And then just use the mild soap to wash it off? Also I do take acidophilus, but will pick up some zinc, thank you so much again!
    carypenrod

Answer by carypenrod at 10:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2009