What's wrong with my cat? (Related to pregnancy)

I have had my cat for 11 years. She lives in the house with me and sleeps with me every night. I am now 31 weeks pregnant and my cat has started throwing up all over the place. She used to throw up, but now it's more often than usual. I've been watching her today and it appears as though she throws up and then walks around and sniffs the carpet and picks up whatever little things she can off the carpet and eats and it and then a while later throws up again. She will throw up and then go straight to her food bowl and eat as if she has been starving. I have another cat as well and it seems like my cat taunts the other cat more often than normal. My cat aggravates the other cat when she's in the litter box, when she's sleeping and just in general. They are always fighting. Could my cat be acting up because she senses the baby coming? If yes, will it get better or worse with the baby. Will she hurt my baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I could be bc it senses the baby coming. We had a cockatiel (bird) and my mom would let him out ALL the time and he got to where he would act weird the closer she got to having my little sister. After she had the baby and she would let him out he acted jealous and would bite her when she tried to put him back in his cage. He got jealous enough that we had to get rid of him. Animals can sense alot of things. My cousins dog knows im pregnant and she always wants to put her head on my stomach and has only done it since Ive been pregnant.
    Anonymous

• sounds like your cat needs to go to the vet and have its food changed. i dont think its because you're having a baby, sounds like gastrointestinal problems that need to be checked asap.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• 11 years is still pretty young for a cat, so I would say A. she senses the impending child, and enviroment change, or B. she is sick and needs treatment.
    Cats DO NOT like there enviroment messed with, so its possible with you bringing in new things for baby and changing the house smell, she is throwing up to get her sent all over the house.
    Another thing thats important to know is your other cat could be taunting her because the other cat sinces she is sick, and weak. Cats are GREAT at hiding illness, its a natrual thing for them to do, so they don't get attacked by other animals when they are vonarable. Your other cat could smell illness in the litter box and be picking on the "sick" cat trying to get "head of household status" I would call a vet just to be sure.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 5:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009