I set up a playgroup through Mommynme. Receiving several applications, but not sure how to screen. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow. A playgroup that takes applications and for which you might be turned down?

I don't know about screening, but I wouldn't want to be part of an elitest group.
    Anonymous

• Depends on what you're trying to screen for. I'm asssuming you're doing it mostly for safety concerns. One playgroup I'm familiar with requires members to participate in one public function (i.e. something help in a public place) before being invited to any small events in someone's home. If you're trying to screen for "compatibility", that is far more problematic...
    Anonymous

• I should clarify.... The application process is simply for security reasons. The website provides this tool to screen any potential safety risks. Who knows who the person on the other side is, right? Could be anyone, including sex offenders.
    Anonymous

• I like the idea of meeting in a public place b/f inviting a stranger into your home with your children there. One group I joined required that I submit a photo so that they would know I was a real person interested in the group (rather than a child predator) and could recognize me when I arrived. HTH!

signaturemama

Answer by signaturemama at 11:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2009