What is the worst mistake that you have ever made as a parent? (so far)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I let my MIL badger me into trying to train my older child before he was ready. It made me stressed out and wasn't good for the child.

Answer by Bmat at 3:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I bent my son's arm the wrong way when he was a baby. Ouch! I listened to other moms who pushed me into doing playdates at age 2 when neither kid was ready or potty trained. Put stress on all of us. Had a winter of colds and ignored one thinking it was like all the others and turned out to be a sinus disaster.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Letting her sleep with us.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• letting the kids ba around their half sister
    Anonymous

• arguing in front of them... we don't do it often but when I does happen it makes me feel guilty... : (
    Brookes_Mommy

Answer by Brookes_Mommy at 3:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Took my child out shopping and thought she was just whinny, but come to find out she had pneumonia. with my second one I have babied him too much now I am trying to make him do things on his own and it is not fun.
    scrappermom2

Answer by scrappermom2 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Staying so close to the family!!! We live a block from my mom. In a house owned by my gram who now lives 8 blocks away. My SIL lives just 5 mins away and my BIL lives in the basement when he's not in rehab. Each and every one of them think that my children would be better raised by them and think they can just decide what's best for them and ignore the real parents and their rules...

We should have moved FAR away!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Letting my mom spoil my oldest. Now whenever I tell him he can't have something his answer is "Grandma will buy it for me!" Yeah then I'll take it away! But she's working on it.
    Anonymous