38.5

i am almost 38 1/2 weeks and had an appt yesterday.. doctor said i am 2 cm dialated which was good and that the baby is sitting really low on my pelvis. i know you can never tell when someone is going to go into labor, but did anyone have this experience and how long after did they go into labor bc i have NO contractions or pain whatsoever in my stomach.. i have a lot in my groins and right on my pelvic bone, but thats it. ready for the baby to come out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doula said one of her clients was dilated 4cm for 3 weeks with no contractions. She went 5 days overdue.

Another friend of mine (that I know personally) was at a 3 for 4 weeks, then a 4 for 4 days before she finally had her baby at 39w, 6d.
    Anonymous

• I was at 3 cm for about a week maybe a little longer, and I had no pain at all. Then on my due date my water broke, I didnt have any contractions until they gave me the pitocin a few hours later.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i was 2cm dialated for 6 weeks... no contractions, no nothing my water broke and still nothing...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• With my first, I was at 1 cm for three or four weeks, no labor by my scheduled C-section at 39 wks 2 days. With my second, I wasn't dilated or effaced at all and baby was still high until my appointment at 39 wks 3 days, when I was at "maybe a 1". I went into labor two days later. So no telling.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• With my last pregnancy I was dilated to 2cm at 31 weeks, 3 cm at 33 weeks, 4 cm at 35 weeks and 5 cm at 37 weeks. I was finally induced at 38.5 weeks after being at 5 cm for almost 2 weeks. My daughter was at +2 station at 36 weeks so she was about as low as she could have possibly been (+3 is crowning) and my pelvic cartiledge seperated from the pressure of her head

Anonymous