What's a safe way to get rid of ants?

I keep finding ants crawling out around the bathroom. They seem to like dirty clothes, so I hung them up before washing and they look like they're coming from the drains. They're not in the kitchen, just the bathroom. I've been wiping everything down with bleach water every day but still 1-3 come every time I'm in there. I've also tried lysol, dish detergent, and putting fabric softener sheets everywhere. How do I get rid of them without exposing my daughter to the harmful chemicals?

jazzminesun

Asked by jazzminesun at 2:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I had a problem with ants in my kitchen last year. I put out cornmeal and they took it and disappeared and haven't been back. It really did work and is completely safe for pets or children.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I just recently read that they won't cross a line of chalk either. I actually bought a "chalk pen" in a store that says it's to get rid of ants, but I must confess I haven't used it. I bought it for my mom-in-law because she gets ants all of the time and she's very clean. I'm chuckling at myself a bit; maybe I just needed to buy a stick of chalk instead! Good luck!

The cornmeal tip sounds good too and very safe. I'll tell my mom-in-law about that. Thanks "Casperskitty"!
    Ladyhawk04

Answer by Ladyhawk04 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• sprinkle cinnamon

Answer by rkoloms at 8:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Home Defense you can find it at home depot or walmart!! The BEST THING EVER!
    Fourcheeks4

Answer by Fourcheeks4 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 1, 2009