Need help in finding motion sensor product! PIOG

OK, Cafemoms...

I need help! I am looking for a product (don't know if it exists!). I have children who wander at night and need some sort of motion detection device. Let me explain what I am looking for....

I am looking for a device that will attach to a bedroom doorframe (as I cannot close the bedroom doors). I would like for it to be an infrared light that when they walk thru the beam an alarm will go off in MY room. Not the whole house! I don't want a MASS wake up of the whole family! :0)

I also need this to be fairly cheap. I really need 2 of them. One for each of 2 doorways. Or 2 doorway units and one "parent" unit.

ANYONE????

THANKS!

clutterbug2008

Asked by clutterbug2008 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Shopping

• you could use one of those pool sensors that go off when they get close to the sensor.
    just a suggestion.

thats the only thing i can thiink of.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 3:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• you can pick up a motion sensor at any hardware store that will turn on lights. You can install it yourself or call an electrician

Answer by rkoloms at 3:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• How about a baby monitor wouldnt you hear them wake up?
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 3:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009