What is marriage to you?

Why did you decide to get married, are you happier now, or before marriage?.... please elaborate. I really need answers. thankyou :)

HaviksMum

Asked by HaviksMum at 3:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Before marriage, I wanted to be with him all the time. When we were apart I felt as though a part of me was missing. Now that we are married (39 years) I feel peace and joy. So to answer your question, I am happier now.

Answer by Bmat at 3:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think of marriage as a way to help guide my DH and I through this journey we are on. Nothing in our relationship has changed since getting married. We are the same two people except our goal is to get through every trial we have and live each day the best we can. We are there for one another like no other, but we've been that way from day one.
    I guess I just look at it as a committment we both chose to take with one another. To be there through thick and thin.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I played a lot before marriage. When I clapped eyes on my husband I knew I would marry him and hit the skies for Greece the very next day. Called him when I got back because I still felt strongly. Dated 3 years, engaged for 2 then married. Marriage is about ups and serious downs. You never learn much when you're up so you have to have the down stuff. The key to marriage in my book is to marry the right guy (very few people do). Listen to your gut and push all the other stuff aside. Can you live with this man forever, what if he does get sick? What if we can't have kids? What if we go broke? Go into it knowing there will be issues but don't go into it knowing serious issues already exist that you hope to weather through. Should start off good at least! When you can't stand him, and this will happen, sometimes for months, wait it out. Remember to actually be affectionate, even when you want to kill him.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Marriage is a union in which two become one. Meaning that we do not have anything separate. We have shared bank accounts, we know each others passwords, we keep no secrets, we have full trust in each other. Any money either of us makes is OUR money. I am very happily married. My husband and I also do not believe in divorce except in cases of abuse or infidelity, those are the ONLY acceptable reasons for us to divorce. We're in for the long haul.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• CRAP! Thats what I think!
    Anonymous

• Marriage is an equal partnership built on love, trust and respect.

I got married because I was head over heels in love with my husband and 21 years later not much has changed.  I am definitely happier married because my husband is my best friend and our years together have been really good.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i got marryed to my bestfriend and soulmate couse i couldn,t see myself living without him.i,m sprong in love with my one true love and our union is faith, respect, love, and family we been together for 8year,s 2year,s marryed and my life with him is sexy great and fun
    Anonymous