Any suggestions on how to helpt the swelling in my feet to go down?!

My blood pressure is normal, I have cut as much sodium from my diet as I know how and drink lots of water, per my DR. I work full time and do alot of sitting and stair-climbing. by 2pm my feet aand lower legs are so swollen they feel like the skin is going to burst. I still have 3 months to go before due date!

aikenchic

Asked by aikenchic at 3:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Health

• RELAX & FEET UP
    NOV1999

Answer by NOV1999 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I wonder about support hose- have you tried those? Be sure to ask your doctor, perhaps they can make sure all is well and offer other suggestions. Good luck! Also sit with your feet above your heart whenever you can, or at least elevated.

Answer by Bmat at 3:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Can you get a box or something to prop your feet up when you are sitting down? Also make sure you are drinking LOTS of water.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Well ,I sit at a desk most of the day. I do get up and move around but there is limited space where my legs go under the desk so I can only elevate them about 5 inches off the floor. Doesn't really do much good. I have discussed the swelling with my Dr. He doesn't seem concerned b/c all test come back good. He says its just part of being pregnant. I drink LOTS of water. When I get home from work, I elevate my feet above my heart and although the swelling eases from disgusting and extremely painful, it only does so very little. I wake up in the morning with swollen calves, ankles, and feet. Sometimes I can barely see my toes.
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 8:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Thank you ladies for your input. I just want this pregnancy over. God, if I am complaining about the discomfort of swelling in my legs and feet at 6 mos, Heaven help me when I go into labor!
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 8:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009