ObamaCare NOT to be voted on until AFTER Labor Day

IF I'm reading this correctly, as of 12PM today, The Hill had the following to say:

"The Energy and Commerce Committee will resume its markup of healthcare legislation Wednesday afternoon under a deal between Blue Dogs and House leaders, but there will be no floor vote on the legislation before August."

"We cut the cost of the bill, delayed a floor vote and ensured that the public option will not be forced on anyone," said Rep. Mike Ross (D-Ark.) who has led the negotiations for the Blue Dogs. "Members will have time to go home to talk to their constituents and actually read the bill."

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/blue-dogs-strike-deal-no-health-vote-before-recess-2009-07-29.html

Has this changed in the last couple of hours?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 3:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There is a GREAT DEAL of horribly tyrannical bureaucracy in the legislation - I wonder if that has been removed?

My first clue will be to see if the size of the bill has shrunk from 1018 pages to 320 or so. If not, I expect that the crazy gov't power grab sections are all still in there.

I VERY much look forward to READING the amended bill, and comparing it to the previous bill FOR MYSELF.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• will WE get the chance to see the bill?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Carpy... I thought you already knew everything that was in the bill!
    Anonymous

• I am with you Carpy...would be nice to see this "new" screw bill
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Good !!! I hope they don't pass it when they come back .
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You don't even know whats in the bill and you already are calling it a SCREW bill!

Why do we bother to debate, when your mind is closed!
    Anonymous

• I doubt they have all blue dogs, they are just not saying how many they have. Also when they go home and try and explain the idea to Americans they will get an earful. I want to see this bill also because i did read the House bill. It doesn't matter whats in this or any other bill it will have amendments squeezed in the night before the vote and we will be screwed anyway.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• unless they TORE the bill to the floor which they didn't....it is a screw bill. The blue dogs are caving and it comes down to MONEY issues for all of them on the hill.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I personally would want each and every one of them to read this NEW bill. They should be allowed time to do so.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• COVERING Pre Existing Conditions?! There's a skunk somewhere.....

THOUGHT: everyone gets x amount coverage. When you run out tuff rocks....
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009