So am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous?!

I HATE seeing kids who are plenty old enough to walk and TALK and they have a freakin binki hanging out of their mouth!!! Don't people realize that will totally screw your kids teeth up? Not to mention it looks ridiculous for a kid to pull the binki out of theur mouth, say a complete sentence, and put it back in. My daughter was weaned from binki AND bottle by her first birthday. I by no means think I am better than anyone for this, but I think by the time your kids are walking/fully talking they shouldnt be sucking on a binki!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you also think they shouldn't still be breastfeeding at that age?
    Anonymous

• well..my dd spoke very well for her age and walked at 9 months... I don't think I got rid of the paci til she was 16 months old!!
    Brookes_Mommy

Answer by Brookes_Mommy at 3:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• In my opinion, yes.
    Anonymous

• Well, screw you, LOL. I think it's absurd that people walk their 10 year olds to school.
    Anonymous

• I totally agree with you, and I thik once they have a full set of teeth they are done breastfeeding as well. (yes i breastfed my daughter) and she was off the tit and bottle (cause i had to supplement) by the time she was a year old. my children never used binki's I ddint allow it.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 3:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• FYI.......Sucking on a binky doesn't automatically screw up your kids teeth. My son had his until he was 4........yep, you read that right........4 years old. His baby teeth and permanent teeth are strong, healthy and straight.

I just chose not to "fight that fight" and he has not been permanently damaged in any way. His binky was like a security blanket for him. Does it also bother you for a child to have a special teddy bear or blanket they sleep with?
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I don't really see how it's any of your business how others raise their kids. If they are okay with it, there is no issue... So what if the kid ends up with braces or something... Again, not your business! It's not your kid. I don't see how denying a child something so small is a good thing. How horrid it must be to be a child who's parents decide what is and isn't allowed to comfort you...

If their doctors have no issues and it's what is best for that child, who the hell are you to decide otherwise??  The NUK Nazi??

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Actually, I think it looks DISGUSTING, yes you read it right, when a 4 year old is sucking on a binki! And yes, it isnt any of my business, but I have the RIGHT to my own opinion. And no, I dont think its wrong for a child to have a blankie or lovie, that totally different in my book.
    Anonymous

• For the mom who said sucking on a binky for long periods of time doesn't screw up a childs teeth you are wrong. Just because your child was lucky doesn't mean it doesn't mess them up, every child ive ever seen with binkies for long periods of time has had messed up teeth.

I too can't stand seeing a child over a certain age with a bottle or binky in their mouth. I just want to snatch it out... Having a teddy bear or Blanket is worlds of different than having a binky.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• The binki or the finger will NOT screw up a kids mouth! Genetics will!
    My best friend growing up suck her own thumb till the day she died (14) and she had a VERY PRETTY . Practically PERFECT set of teeth!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009