my 4 week old just flip flopped her sleep schedule on me

for the first few weeks ive had my daughter home, she slept through the night only waking for her feedings, she sleeps in our bedroom with us but in a crib, now all of a sudden she is screaming every 10 minutes during the night. we feed her, change her, burp and rock her until she falls asleep, put her back in bed, then no more than 10 minutes later shes crying again, we pick her up and comfort her and shes back asleep within a minute. the other weird part is she starts between 11pm and 1 am and this doesnt stop until 6 or 7 am & she only does this at night, she naps fine during the day in her crib, i know infant sleep is unpredictable sometimes but why might she have suddenly started this?

sheetzmom626

Asked by sheetzmom626 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try keeping her up a bit more during the day. Sometimes it seems that babies reach their full measure of sleep and don't need/want anymore. Of course that means they want to "play" at night (or at least be held). Obviously if she seems in pain, talk to your Dr. But this solution seems to help some. I'm sure you're exhausted and glad when she naps during the day, but try not leting her nap too long. Wake her up after 2 hours, if she's still tired she will go back to sleep. My DD seemed to suddenly need less sleep at one point too (she is 9 mos now so I can't remeber exactly how many week old she was). Hopefully some more answers will come in soon so you can see what others think too. I figure it's worth trying one day.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 4:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No particular reason except they just do it. She'll do it a lot more.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2009