Any one know...(in alabama?)

Does anyone know for sure when the alabama state tax holiday is for school supplies and clothes is? I have heard its this weekend and then I hear its next weekend and I really would like to know!!

elananme

Asked by elananme at 3:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Shopping

• www.alabamaretail.org

it also tells which cities and county's are participating and a quick reference sheet of exempt items.

2009 Sales Tax Holiday

Beginning at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on Friday Aug. 7, 2009, and ending at midnight Sunday Aug. 9, 2009, Alabama will hold its fourth annual sales tax holiday giving shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain school supplies, computers and clothing free of state's four percent sales or use tax. Local governments can opt to exempt their sales taxes as well.

Retailers are required to participate and cannot charge tax on items that are legally tax-exempt during the sales tax holiday.

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Thanks for that !!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 5:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009