Senators Close to Health Accord. If it goes through, will this be the first negotiated bi-partisan legislation of the Obama administration?

Three Democrats and three Republicans on the Senate Finance Committee are expected to wrap up their arduous multi-week talks in the coming days, and Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) said he expects a panel vote before the Senate recess, which will begin Aug. 7.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/28/AR2009072803173.html

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thank GOD!
    Anonymous

• You call 3 Republicans Bipartisan.? NOT
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I know itsmesteph.. And ONE of them is Olympia Snow.... But I am trying to encourage a little bi-partisan debate here :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh Lord Snow like that is surprising.Who are the other two?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Charles E. Grassley (Iowa), the ranking Republican on the finance panel.
    Mike Enzi (Wyo.), the senior Republican on the health committee.

Enzi might bring something to the table... Grassley? Runs hot and cold with me...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I am waiting to see the legislation. But, I'm not very hopeful. They seem to be trying to rush this one as well.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If this health bill passes it will hardly be bi-partisan since there is a Democratic majority in the house and the senate.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2009