How long do you have to wait to have sex after having miscarriage?

I had a misscarriage a few years ago & I bled for 9 days very heavily. I was in an extreme amount of pain for about 2 or 3 days. It was literally like being in labor. I lost my baby at 4 weeks & my doctor told me to wait 4 weeks before having intercourse again because my body needed time to heal.

Well my BFF's wife told him a week ago that she was pregnant. Then a couple of days ago that while he was out with friends that morning she misscarried. She never went to the hospital & she waited until that night to tell him that she misscarried. Then he told me that they had sex that night. He said she wasn't bleeding & wasn't in pain.

He was asking me if it was possible that she misscarried & wasn't bleeding and was able to have sex that soon after misscarrying. Plus he wanted to know how you can be sure that you misscarried without being examined. He thinks she's lieing.

I didn't know what to tell him.

Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds very odd to me. I have had two miscarriages myself, did not have a D&C and bled for a long time with the first and about 2 weeks with the second. I didn't have any pain either time but to not bleed is a little off to me. He should ask her more questions and I hope he gets answers.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Me too. The thing is he wants a baby really bad and I'm scared that she's just screwing with him.
    :(
    Anonymous

• Both of my early term miscarriages (4 weeks) came with little bleeding and no pain after it was done. They were very fast and I only bled a couple of hours. I didn't have sex afterwards with the 1st and it was a week or 2 after the 2nd (bc I wasn't emotionally ready yet).
    Anonymous

• i lost a baby back in sept,i bled for 3 weeks and had pain
    Anonymous