What are your favorite songs for singing baby to sleep?

What are some good traditional lullabies and non-traditional sleepytime songs? I need to learn some songs to sing to my baby.

sweetgabesmom

Asked by sweetgabesmom at 3:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter loves the itsy-bitsy spider for some reason. but i also used to sing slower songs that i liked. i don't think it matters to them, as long as they get to hear your soothing voice :)
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• we sing barney's i love you, rock a bye baby, you are my sunshine (her fave) and twinkle twinkle little star. every night in that exact order. sometimes we throw in itsy bitsy spider
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My DH sings her "you are my sunshine" (his late godmother used to sing it to him) She seems to like "Edelweiss" from Sound of Music. But anything is good. Sing her/him something you like and she/he will love it. I grew up with folk songs, but she dances to Punjabi MC too.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 4:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009