to all ff moms: would you please stop with the lame excuses?

guaranteed this will get deleted, but since a ff mom can accuse all bf moms, here goes. will you all stop with the lame excuses as to why you wouldn't breastfeed? if you truly are part of the itty bitty, teensy weensy percent that couldn't-i feel for you and this is not directed at you. please take responsibility for your choices and action (or lack thereof). educate yourselves! most issues with nursing have a simple fix, if you could just ask for help in the right places-you'd get more than enough information and support! think about this, if you have chosen to give up on, or not even try, one of the first tasks of motherhood, what does that say about your future choices as a parent?

kyriesmommy13

Asked by kyriesmommy13 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So you're seriously going to say you're going to be a better parent than me because you bf your child and I formula feed?!? Someone is a little full of themself.
    Anonymous

• It's everyone's personal choice. Leave it the heck alone.

Anonymous

• nope, not saying i'm better or perfect. this is just my thoughts/opinions. that's all
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I BF...but even I think this is taking it too far. What is it hurting you, or your child if someone else chooses to FF their kids. Its not your business, we all have reasons for the choices we make as parents and for you to judge just makes you look ignorant.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• LOL this will probably get deleted fast but you are right apparently it is ok for FF moms to post whatever they want (yesterdays post).
    I have never understood all the excuses: just say that you didn't want to breastfeed and stop coming up with all sorts of excuses. "trying " to breastfeed makes no sense, you either make the choice to do it or not..there is no trying for two days and then giving the baby a bottle..that is not really trying at all.
    Anonymous

• There also is such thing as trying, I struggled for 3 weeks to breast feed and almost gave up myself. Breastfeeding is hard, and anyone who has done it should no that.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I formula feed and I'm a good mother. I'm not perfect and I dont want to be. You're no better than I am. I tried BFing and began FFing for various reasons that are, honestly, none of your business.

And for those who do BF, more power to you. I plan on trying again when we have another.
    Anonymous

• My boobs are gigantic, thats why I didn't breastfeed. My poor baby looked like he was being sufficated with my boobs. It was so frustrating that it would have ruined all of these past great months with my baby if I was breastfeeding...A stressed out mother is more harmful In my opinion. I have enough stress without dealing with what boob I used last and not having enough milk. Breastfeeding is NOT for everyone. And who is accusing bf moms of anything?? I wasn't breastfed and have had my tonsils removed, that is it. Barely ever get sick. I have almost 20 babies in my family, no difference in health for the bf and ff babies...just more stressed out mothers. Its not for everyone. Lay off, and go worry about your own babies.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 3:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Thank you Mikalya Lynn.

While I formula feed, I agree with what she said.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• This is always going to be an on-going battle, so why bother? I personally breastfed my children for the first few months, then switched to formula. I never made any excuses. It was my choice. I don't understand why someone needs to make an excuse? Breastfeeding isn't for everyone, so why should someone who uses formula feel like they have to justify their decision? I don't care if someone breastfeeds their child until they are 4 years old, it's their decision and they shouldn't have to explain their choices to anyone.

StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2009