Do men really perfer blondes?

I am a brunette and it doesn't bother me any I was just asking or why do they say that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well I know my hubby doesn't. We talked quite a bit about what attracts us to the other sex, and my hubby always seems to prefer brunettes that are a little bit curvy. His fave celeb is Alyssa Milano lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My hubby loves it either way.. I have been multiple shades of blonde and brunette. To him, as long as its on my head.. its fine!

I have to be honest... I get more attention when I am blonde.. and people are nicer to me. Holding doors, nicer customer service.. so on and so on. I dont know why, but its the truth.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 4:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I should add.. I am back to brunette (currently) lol.. it seems like every 18 months or so I get a hair up my arse to go blonde.. but it only ever lasts 6 months or so, because the upkeep drives me nutty
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 4:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i think some might,but for sure all men like nice girls
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think it's about an even split between brunette and blonde. I was brunette for 4 years and just recently went back to being blonde. My hubby prefers me with dark hair but likes both. I do get more negative attention as a blonde that I don't enjoy, and people tend to think I'm a ditz which I am definitely not.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• my husband doesn't he likes red heads.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• funny one of my workmates says " blondes are for good times only and brunette are the one you marry". "don't shoot the messenger"
    MisV

Answer by MisV at 8:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• This is my experience with this question: I can recall five different men I dated who told me that their usual type was blondes; dating a brunette meant something special about the attraction. In each instance I pointed out, "I am a brunette" and the reply was, "Well, there you go!" almost verbatim. Seems chemistry is an enigma and can transcend types.
    Lanalie

Answer by Lanalie at 5:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009