Does anyone live in northern va or DC area?

What fun things are there to do other than the white house and smithsonians?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to live in the Richmond/DC area. There's a lot of site-seeing, lots of historical parks, and etc. Williamsburg is awesome.
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 3:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• OH, and the ocean is only an hour away!
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 3:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• In Loudoun County (near Dulles Airport) there are a bunch of wineries ... there's even a "Virginia Wine Country" tour. And there are lots of foxhunt/horse events that are neat to go to, as well. Baltimore is not that far, and the Inner Harbor has tons of things to see & do. Also, Annapolis is less than an hr from DC and there's boating, amazing sightseeing, the Naval Academy (Midshipmen in uniform!). The whole area is rich in colonial and Civil War history - there are sights everywhere. And right near the city, Carderock and Great Falls Park are right on the Potomac River and are beautiful for hiking, rock climbing, picnics. Its a great area! I wouldn't live anywhere else!
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 4:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Marine Corps Museum at Quantico, Fredericksburg (Old Towne) - except you'll have the I-95 traffic! The Baltimore Aquarium is supposed to be great. Montpelier is in the central part of the state.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 4:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I live in Fredericksburg and don't get around too often because my heap of junk is dying....lol. Hubby works in DC and has seen everything and been everywhere (part of his job).
    I think I would love to see that aquarium in Baltimore if my husband has time to take us.
    I'm sick of the war museums, parks, and trails - we've been on just about all of them and it isn't my thing. I'm not into wineries, either.
    We really want to travel west and see the Luray caverns and some of the other caverns south on Rt 29. There is also a Natural Bridge over that way. The mountains are beautiful, too.
    I'm a country gal so I love to be taken down winding roads in the middle of nowhere just for the fun of it - past farms, fields, and through the woods.
    We've lived in south VA and have done all the touristy stuff down there - much more down there I think, especially in Williamsburg area.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2009