How do you know if you have been blocked from a group?

Do you get notified?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You do get an automated error message when you try to go to the group saying that you have been blocked and you don't have permission to view this group.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Nope, you sure don't. I was kicked out of a group for no reason and it took me some a little bit to figure out why I was no longer in the group. I tried to message the owner of the group but I couldn't because it said that she had blocked me. I found a member of the group and asked her to give her a message. Turns out there was a huge misunderstanding and I was allowed back in the group. But I did not get a notice saying that I had been kicked out.

Anonymous

• When I was new here I applied for a group of people my own age and was turned down. It was a considerable shock, but their right to do so. Yes I did receive a notification that my application had been turned down.

Answer by Bmat at 4:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I was kicked out of a group & the group owner posted a bulletin telling everyone. I found out b/c I was good friends with one of the other women & she copied the post & PM'd it to me. She defended me in the group & she was kicked out a few days later. It was quite funny, actually. For private groups, it won't let you see anything or post anything. I'm not sure what would happen if you were kicked out of a public group, probably you could still read everything, just not post anything new.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• The group owner sent me a message stating that she was kicking me out of the group and blocking me from membership; she did not like my religious beliefs.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009