Taking a bath, laying down.

My son is 15 months, he used to love bathes and splash around, and carry on laughing. Now he dosen't. But we normally lay him down (like we always did from day one) or I tilt him back holding his head out of the water, to wash his hair (he has alot) and he fusses everytime. We have even tried having him sit up properly, but he dosen't like alot of water running down his face, so I am almost to my wits end bc he isn't old enough to understand tilting his head back yet, but I also don't want to force his head and make him scared even more. He hasn't had any tramatic incidents with water or the tub. I read on other questions and answers that it could just be a phase. But I wanted to know if it is different because of laying him down / back. People have also asked me if it he has a problem with his ears, and I say no. So I have resorted to fast baths and hope this passes quickly.
Thanks.

MommaMidget19

Asked by MommaMidget19 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im sure you have tried toys and stuff right? Have you heard of a seat it's called a bumboo, or something like that. Sold at Wal-mart. Try that it's fun and can go anywhere. Good luck girl!
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My youngest dd doesn't like baths. She doesn't like to sit still. So dh or I take her into the shower with one of us. We cool the water down to the right temp and she snuggles right in. She loves it!

abelmm2

Answer by abelmm2 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2009