Is your function to provide the government with money?

"FRANK: I've had people come to us and complain, "Well, if you do that, I can't make any money." The answer is that's not my job. We're not here to help you make money. We are here to help have a system in which you will make money as an incident of your providing funds to those who will use it productively."

I guess that providing for your family and enjoying the fruits of your labor are not using the money you earned, productively.

I can agree that the government's job is not to help us make money--it's job is to stay out of the way.

fednews.com (subscription required)-- http://www.fednews.com/transcript.htm?id=20090727t5544&nquery=&query=&from=&SLID=3bde2d703c0bffca85b44baa7250c9e6

Rush--http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_072709/content/01125114.member.html

happytexasCM

Asked by happytexasCM at 4:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• In essence, yes. In return they provide me with things that I enjoy like roads, military protection, schools, etc.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Ditto heads need to learn how to develop original thoughts.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I don't mind paying a reasonable amount in taxes. 40% is not reasonable.

It is not my desire to provide living expenses to professional couch potatoes.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Are those the only thing you enjoy? Because apparently you are not entitled to anything else.

Your sole function is to support the government and if you happen to have anything extra, that is incidental.

Business persons, employers, are telling the government that there polices are keeping them from making money, and the government responds, "So!?"

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• * rkoloms,

Apparently you are projecting your own inadequacies, as you have offered no original thoughts of your own.

If looking at Rush's site burns your eyes, pay the subscription to fednews.com. I only offered the former because it is free.

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• The feds are supposed to take care of military and roads etc...the rest should be up to the states
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If you feel your hard-earned money is better spent by someone else, why not send it to me?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Face it. Some people have been indoctrinated to believe that our rights are allowed to us from the gov't, and the gov't is the wise benefactor which provides for all. In other words, the State rules, and we are not citizens but subjects. This is a monarchy or a dictatorship, but not a Republic.

Others believe what is stated in the Constitution, that the gov't must have strictly limited tasks, and that people are citizens with rights which the gov't may NOT violate. Private property (as in the money your earn) is one of those fundamental rights.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Those who are wealthy will give more to the Government than they get to keep if Obama gets his way. I think that is not fair. I pay in about 30 percent of our income between state, federal and other crap that is taken out. We pay taxes on our food, anything else we buy, utilities, car taxes, gas taxes, property taxes and many other taxes we all pay. I would wager when it is all said and done we probably pay over 45 percent of our income to taxes. Considering we are not rich and we do live on a budget seems like all we do is work for the Government.

The money we do earn is our money we don't owe anyone anything. I don't mind paying 10 percent for roads, military, police and infrastructure. We don't use the public schools so maybe we should get a break for that. When you make what we do and see so little makes us want to quit and make less so we can keep more and then get some. We are not lazy and could not do that
    Anonymous

• Fed. tax was set up in wwi or 2 can't remnember which one. Need to really read that again, but anyway it was temperary to help support the war. The gov got greedy and saw this as an easy way to steal our money so they kept. It . I agree I do not mind paying taxes (even thogh they are illegal) but 40% is outragous.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:23 AM on Jul. 30, 2009