How can I get my baby to be more comfortable on her tummy? Everytime she lays on her tummy..she cries and cries.

Just_Teresa

Asked by Just_Teresa at 4:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby did that for a long time and still does. My doc says it's because they're frustrated that they can't move yet.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• What PP said is true. I was very concerned that my LO didn't like tummy time. The doc and every one else (mom, sis, etc.) told me to keep trying. Don't do it just to do it if they don't like it, but try every day!!! It is very important for their development!!! Try when LO is in a great mood and don't over do it. Even if it's a half a minute a day, that's A LOT better than not at all!!!!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 4:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• my sons physical therapist suggested this method. You sit on the floor, legs stretched out straight in front of you with your ankles crossed. Then prop your lo so they are slanted upwards (their head on your higher leg up by the thigh) My son liked that a little better and his pt said it did the same thing. Hope my desription makes sense.
    J.P

Answer by J.P at 4:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My kids just waited til they were ready to... Which usually happened when they learned to roll over both ways. Until that point they HATED tummy time. He'll like it eventually :)
    Anonymous

• my daughter did that she would cry and cry and cry I hated seeing her that way but I would just keep doing it eventually it got better. I actually put her in front of a mirror and had her watch me and she went on her belly then she would start to learn to life to see me. She was a little behind on rolling over cause of it she did it at 6 months but now she rolls everywhere and goes on her belly herself and is fine. She doesn't crawl and I think its because she hated being on her belly but I was told to just keep doing it a little more everyday and that will help too...
    LaitonLysette

Answer by LaitonLysette at 6:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009