Dinner for my mom

I am having my mom over for dinner for her bday tomorrow. My dad is going to get her there on time cause she doesnt know I am inviting her best friend and her husband to the dinner. She doesnt get much time to hang out with them since she works now. My dd and I like to put on matching aprons and play resturant so it will be fun with them. My mom has requested roast. I am thinking green beans, cornbread pudding and a salad. I dont like the potatos and carrots in with roast cause it will be slimy after being in the crockpot all day. Anyone think of any other easy sides? Her friend is bringing dessert. My dd likes to make menus so everyone knows what we are eating. then she asnwers the door and asks how many and seats them. It is alot of fun!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Fresh dinner rolls & fruit & cheese plate would add variety and a bit more of a restaurant "feel" to the menu!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• "My dd likes to make menus so everyone knows what we are eating. then she asnwers the door and asks how many and seats them."

That is so cute!

I think the sides you mentioned and the dinner rolls and fruit/cheese plate michigan mom mentioned sound like plenty.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Mashed potatoes would make a good side...you could make gravy from the roast drippings and it would look nice on the plate with your beans. I put Guiness beer in my roast with some fresh mushrooms. That makes a fabulous gravy!
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 2:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009