Jaw bone hurts to touch

For a couple days I've noticed my lower jaw on my right side is tender to the touch - just about halfway between my ear & chin. It's like the bone there is sensitive. I picked up my 6-month old today and his little noggin hit my face and I noticed the pain again. It's not a staggering pain - just aggravating. I also feel like I've had a lump in my throat now for a week, but I'm not sick (no cold, flu, etc.).

Did you ever have this? What's going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Health

• Could it be infection? Maybe from a tooth? That can happen. If the tooth infection gets really bad and not taken care of, it can get into the jaw bone. The lump in your throat - could be a swollen lymph node (?)
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 4:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Would a tooth infection hurt inside my mouth as well? My gums are not red, my teeth are not hurting or sensitive.

HOWEVER - I do have a huge gap between two of the teeth on that side on the bottom and the dentist said I should have the teeth filled to tighten the gap. Food sometimes gets stuck there so I floss like it's my job. I wonder if food sat there a bit too long one time and caused an infection?
    Anonymous