What's your favorite childhood memory?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tiptoeing down the steps at my grandmother's house on Christmas morning, it was just starting to get a little light, and seeing all the presents piled high. I had to tiptoe back upstairs, but it was so exciting! I remember the scent of the tree and of the cooking that my grandmother had done the day before, the candles in the windows. The frost on the windows and the nice warm house. The dining room table set for the big meal.

Answer by Bmat at 4:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Going to sleep and my grandmother being the last person I saw as I drifted off. Then she was there when I woke up. She died when I was really young so I don't have too many memories of her but I always felt safe with her.
    Anonymous

• My 6th b-day party. My parents went all out and threw me this huge party complete with all the bells and trimmings a kid could ask for. I wore a pink party dress with black mary janes and white ruffle socks with my hair in Shirley Temple curls. I had two, count 'em two smurf ice cream cakes and a boat load of presents and collected enough cash to pay for an entire year of ballet lessons for me. We played games, listened to music and danced. Tons of food, family and friends. Loved every minute of it! Thanks mom & dad.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My 1st memory is my fav... sitting on my Dad's lap watching Dale Earnhardt race. =)
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 4:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Being at my great-grandma's house. When I would wake up it always smelled like maple sausage, toast, and tea. The sun would shine through the window and I could hear the morning doves. WOW that sounds really cheesy, like a really lame kid's book, but it's true.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2009