They say i'm crazy psychiatrist says im not

I have been struggling with PPD and thoughts of suicide since the recent of a close friend. Long before I was ever married to my husband i sturggled with him not listening to me. It was even brought up in our premarital classes by our pastor. 2 years later he still insnt listening to me but insists he is doing nothing wrong and I am having such a tough time because I am crazy. My own mother agreed. So with an open mind I seeked even more in depth treatment for the PPD and the struggle with grief over the loss of my friend. To my shock the mental health professionals who are on my case said I am not crazy. That I am very well put together and doing exceptionally well given the circumstances. I dont know what the answer is. If it's not me, and its not anyone else than how do i fix it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• you could be bipolar and when you talked with the drs you were having a "good" day and they didnt see anything wrong with you. you need to make a list of everything you think is wrong with you and get family and friends to do the same about what they see you need to work with or what you do wrong and go see another dr. I started going to the dr when i was 13 they thought i was ADHD and after years of manic episodes and dereanged thoughts in and out of the hospital i was finally diagnosed with bipolar type two and have been on meds for it and am doing great. and so is everyone around me.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 4:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I agree with ggiovanni (not the bipolar part though). After having trust issues with one of my previous therapists as a child (they told my mother some confidential things they should not have), I have to remind myself I don't need to lie to these people any more now that I am an adult because they can help me and they won't tell my mother or relatives my business. Kudos for reaching out and don't stop till you find the help you want and need, even if you have to sit on several different couches to find it!

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Unfortunately, there is no "magic pill". The magic pill is you. You have to take it one day at a time, take time for quiet reflection and prayer, and release all of your thoughts worries and cares to God and the Universe. Take comfort in the fact that you are NOT crazy, you are NOT acting out of the ordinary, and you are NOT the one to blame here. Take responsibility for the your part in the marriage and make it as wonderful and beautiful as only you can. Write down everything you appreciate about your husband and love him completely and fully for all the wonderful things is, does, and will be for you. Give yourself a break and take time to laugh and enjoy the small pleasures of life. Enjoy God's beautiful creations realizing that you too are a beautiful creation that is very very loved.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2009