Know any good cornbread salad recipes?

We are having our church picnic next month and my husband wants me to make cornbread salad. The only problem is....i don't know how to make it!! LOL Any suggestions?

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 4:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Preparation:
    Make up the cornbread, cool. Stir together salad dressing mix, sour cream and mayonnaise until blended; set aside. Combine tomatoes, bell peppers and onions. Toss gently. Crumble 1/2 of the cornbread into a large bowl. Top with half each of beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. When ready to serve, stir the whole mess together!

This is just wonderful!! I make extra cornbread as this salad is very moist, and it's great the next day to have fresh cornbread to mix with leftover salad.

This is also great without ranch dressing package mix. Plus, you may add any veggies you want.

Answer by Bmat at 5:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I never had it, but this looks good. Found it on http://southernfood.about.com/od/vegetablesalads/r/bl30324z.htm

Ingredients:

* 1 recipe of cornbread
    * 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
    * 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
    * 1 cup mayonnaise
    * 2 cans (16 oz each) pinto beans
    * 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    * 10 slices bacon, fried very crispy, and crumbled
    * 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
    * 1/2 cup each of chopped red bell pepper, green bell pepper, green onions and several chopped tomatoes

Answer by Bmat at 5:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Bmat my mom makes something like that and it is my favorite thing ever!!! she makes it in a triffle dish and it is beautiful to see all the layers!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2009