Mucous Plug

I lost my plug today. How long did it take everyone to go into labor after you lost yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 24-48 hours after you loose your plug you will most likely go into labor, if you don't don't worry, because your plug will regenerate and you will just loose it again. I lost mine 2 times in my last pregnancy!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 5:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I never lost either mine til right before I started pushing. I had a sturdy mucus plug, lol.

It varies though. Some women go into labor within a couple of hours, some a couple of days, and some even a couple of weeks. The plug can regenerate itself, so it's really not a good indicator of impending labor. Just a sign that your cervix has dilated some and the plug has come loose.
    Anonymous

• Weeks...I lost mine about 4 weeks ago.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I lost mine the first time about 4 weeks ago and then again on friday. My dr checked my cervix but he said that he can only get maybe one finger in it so I'm not going into labor anytime soon I dont think and that is a good thing since I am only 34 weeks.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• with myfirst almost 2 mts
    my second 3 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• JnCV... where did you get your 24-48 hour info? I have never heard that before, actually I have heard the COMPLETE opposite... there is no telling when you will go in to labor based on losing your plug!!

I lost my plug 7 weeks before I was induced!!

Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009