What does my 3 year old need?

I'm a sahm to my 3 years and 6 month old daughter. She is at home with me all day, almost everyday...somedays she plays with her 4 year old cousin (6 months apart), and almost everyday she plays with her 9 year old cousin. they are both boys. she started a dance class this summer and it the fall class starts on August 17..to April. When was 2 years she went to a day care for 8 months and didn't like it too much. I also worked there and didn't like it, but making money helped out the family, plus my dh was unemployed at the time. I don't play with her every second of the day and sometimes i can feel the tension in the room when she' playing..she get's angry, i can just feel it. i think she would benefit from playing with kids her age..not an education, just play..what do you think? she is 3 years, 6 months...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you have a headstart program in your area? My niece started at 3 and called it "playschool". My son is 4 now and he's starting in Sept with half days. He's super psyched about going to his cousins "playschool" and meeting new people his age.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i don't like the headstart in my area, they focus on academics, i don't want my 3 year old bringing home homework! thanks (op here)
    Anonymous

• here's a bump
    Anonymous

• Um...things don't "bump" in the Answer area.
    Anonymous

• Are there any local play groups in the area? Those aren't academics its like a small group of people who meet at a park or McDonalds the same time every week and the kids play... Or go hang at a park for longer then a few minutes and i'm sure someone will show up... Kids make friends at play grounds/parks all the time and if its a local park that means there's a high chance the other family lives near you and a friendship could evolve.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2009