So Im really scared and need advice, about my little sister about health and nutriten

so my baby sister, 11 yrs old, has asthma, exercise induced only. A month ago she passed out after laying down and some dizziness occured before hand along with some nausea and blurred vision. I told her its probably some vertigo sp? and just told her to get up from laying more slowly.

So today she was at soccer practice 9-11:30 and I guess she was breathing hard but then that subsided and soon after she started feeling, nausea, dizzy, a headache, and blurred vision, again, and then passed out. So she went home at 11:30 when her practice is normally 9a-2pm.

so my guess is that she was fatigued because alls my mom makes available for food is pizza rolls, plus other frozen foods like that, sugary cereal, and she rarely makes dinner and pizza rolls or top ramen usually becomes dinner for her. so like i said my guess is that she is depleted.

What do you think?

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Health

• I'm Ver y Proud of you for Caring! Keep an Eye on her! Its great that you can do that! I think her Regular ped. can Help. If its Serious then to the ER or Urgent Care! I'd be worried and concerned like you are! How does your sister feel about this? Is it worrrying her too? A good thorough Exam is Very needed. Does she get enough Water?Or Gatorade? Does she seem overly Thisty too? A girl in our Area wasn't treated at age:11. She had undiagnosed Diabetes. No one knew about and she Died! Its A Shame, A tradgedy , A waste of life!! Do keep up on your Mother! Even if cost is A factor something should be checked out or ruled out! Again I commend you for Caring about your sister! We all have feelings and our own judgment to trust and go on. I hope she gets the Care & cure she needs! Even A Poor Diet shouldn't have her feeling so Poorly. Its still empty Calories but still nutrition and is better then the lack of! Keep us informed
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My sister passed out from time to time because of low blood sugar. Your mom needs to take her to the doctor to find out why she is having this problem. It may be nothing, or it could be serious.
    Anonymous

• It could be a heart defect. She needs to be tested for blood sugar and have her heart checked. With an EKG.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• thats what I am worried about but my mom blames it on her asthma and wont take her to the doctor, she always has been like that...one time I had a fever for 3 days above 102 and i went to the emergency room because my doc told me to andmy mom tried to refuse treatment for me, which i dont understand because we all have excellent medical coverage.

n/e ways I am going to get her a proten shake and vit. supplement to try and rule out fatigue and see how she does tomorrow at soccer with the nutrients, since she never gets anything but grease and sugar, so if I cant rule it out I'll duke it out with my mom and make her take her to the hosp
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I deffinately will keep u guys informed. I think it is nutritien only because she doesnt eat much and when she does its crap. But as soon as I have the funds I will take her myslef if my mom gets stubborn but I read this and told my mom to talk to her doc at her next appt about diabetes, runs heavy in our family, and she said she will at her next check up, mandatory b4 middle school one. Thanks for the advice but mostly she's just been sleepy and getting her energy back so I thinks she's doing okay now
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Please get the child to a doctor. One third of American children will develop type 2 diabetes...

Have you considered getting custody of her?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• assuming u will check back ill respond

no because there's no reason to. the only weird thing about my mom is she always procrastinates on doctor visits and like I said in order to attend middle school she has to have a check up anyway and my mom is taking her and is going to ask about a blood test. But I think I might go with her to make sure all of my questions get answered.

Other than that she is raised well...I step in a lot because, well Im nosey and if I think something should be done, like this, I will argue til I get my way, not in a bratty way but my mom pretty much knows when to start a battle and when not to and when it comes to my baby sister I would walk thru hell and I know my mom doesnt want that battle with me so she listens, I just have to stay on her butt to make sure she asks all the questions I want her to ask
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009