Cranberry, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookie recipe... Anyone????

So my boyfriend and I go over to our sons' godfathers (passed away July 1st, 2008) parents house all the time and his aunt is an AMAZING baker... Anyways, she makes these delicious, to die for cookies and she will not share the recipe with anyone, can you really blame her lol

I do know that it has dried cranberries and chocolate chips in an oatmeal cookie and I was planning on just trying to make an oatmeal cookie and adding the stuff in but I thought since everyone is so wonderful on CafeMom (;}) that I would see if anyone has heard/tried these cookies and if you could share please!

If you don't know of any recipes what is your take on just adding them in? Do you think it would completely mess it up? Thanks in advance for all the replies!

youngmommy21709

Asked by youngmommy21709 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Try it and see how it comes out. I would think that if you are following the directions of how to make the oatmeal cookies and you are just adding the cranberries then see how it comes out. Or as a backup plan go to www.foodnetwork.com and see how they make the cookies. Good Luck let me know how it turned out for you!
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 6:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It doesn't sound as though you need an oatmeal cookie recipe, but I like this one, and I usually add raisins, but I'd add dried cranberries if I wanted to:

Oatmeal drop cookies

¾ cup butter
    1 cup brown sugar (packed)
    ½ cup granulated sugar
    1 egg
    ¼ cup water
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    3 cups rolled oats (oatmeal, or quick cooking oatmeal, I used regular oatmeal)
    1 cup flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon baking soda

Optional: about 1 cup of raisins, 1 cup of chopped nuts, or 1 cup of chopped dried fruit, or 1 cup of chocolate chips. (I used chopped pecans and chocolate chips.)

Combine butter and sugars. Mix well. Stir in egg, water, and vanilla. Mix together the oats, flour, salt and baking soda. Blend in any optional ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.

Bake at 350 F for about 12- 15 minutes, until lightly browned and set. Cool on wire ra

Answer by Bmat at 8:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

• I replace 1/2 of the chocolate chips with dried cranberries when I make cookies

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I'd go with Bmat's recipe, but if you want the cookies to stay soft, I discovered this while making my famous cannoli cookies. I always put a tablespoon of ricotta cheese right after creaming of butter and sugars, it keeps the cookie moist and delicious until they're gone.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Pretty much any oatmeal raisin cookie recipe will work for this. If you have a tried and true recipe, go with that *except* substitute in your dried cranberries for your raisins and add the chocolate chips.

Items like nuts, M&Ms, candies, chips, dried fruit, etc. are inert ingredients in a cookie recipe (the amount added or omitted does not affect the way the dough forms), so as long as you have enough dough to hold the cookie together, you can add whatever you want to them.

I've made oatmeal monster cookies before - raisins, walnuts, M&Ms, chocolate chips, white chips.... soooooo gooodddd
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009