My rottweiler is outdoor dog....

How often should I give him a bath? He does not like inside the house he gets depressed, but outside he plays and he is happy. So please don't tell me why is he out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pets

• twice a month, more if he really stinks. make sure he's treated for fleas
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My moms dogs are strictly outside dogs and they get a bath once or twice a month. but yes flea preventative is good.

Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• "They" say bathing them too much is bad for them. I rinse my lab well and brush often and it keeps her soft and supple!
    jmom2ks

Answer by jmom2ks at 7:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Brushing often is better than bathing often. Over bathing can cause itchy, dry, irritated skin in dogs and actually make fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and flies worse around your yard and the dog. Especially in a short haired breed like a Rottie. Unless you just cannot stand to pet him because he is so nasty I would recommend brushing him. Brush from the tail to the head gently, this removes dirt and dust better, then brush the correct way to smooth the coat.
    mommyk0106

Answer by mommyk0106 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would say once a month at the most! Dogs have sensitive skin and when it is washed too much, they get itchy.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• At one time it was not good to bathe your dog more than once a month. Times have changed. Dog shampoos are now more gentle than ever. It is safe to bathe your dog weekly.

equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 2:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Boxer bather Wanted, no pay can give, just slobber Dobblers!!!!!!!!!!!
    Boxerhaven

Answer by Boxerhaven at 9:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009