do you think sahm's deserve more than an hour or two break a day?

Do you think sahm's of only one child deserve or need a break, other than the sometimes usual one or two hour breaks they get during the day? like a week vacation?

myfirstloves

Asked by myfirstloves at 5:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• WTF

EVERY PERSON deserves to go on a vacation every now and then.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• sure why not
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Where the hell do I have to go for a break or vacation?

I've been a SAHM for over 5 years now and I've never had one! And I have more than one kid!
    Anonymous

• i dont' know where the hell you would go...i'm just asking a question.. don't you think you deserve or need one..sounds like it to me
    myfirstloves

Answer by myfirstloves at 5:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• some of you get breaks everyday? im lucky to go to the store for 2 hours once a week!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I don't think they need an hour or two a day......It would be nice, but it's our jobs. My hubby works, and then when he comes home he helps with the kids till we get them to bed. So he doesn't get time each day. We try to let eachother have some free time each week, but that's his job, this is mine. I like me time, but I usually have some when they nap, or if they're playing quietly like now.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Sure, why not? Every mom deserves a break. I've had one vacation away from the kids in the 9 years I've had them. That was in 2004. Me and my hubby went to Maine for a week. Then for the next 4 1/2 years we didn't have a single date that didn't involve the kids. I could use a vacation from them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• who's getting an hour or two a day? When the little one sleeps, laundry, dishes, etc. are done. SAHM's work hard too, ya, we should get some vacation time. We don't get sick time, off early, etc. But is still prefer SAHM to being in management. Snaps to working mom's (not going to bash the, been there, done that).
    Anonymous

• Yes I think it's reasonable to expect your SO to pitch in. Mine only works a few hours a day since he owns his business. After that he goes and plays with his friends. Not asking too much for him to pick up for himeself and watch the baby for an hour at night so I can soak.
    Anonymous

• I get up each morning before the kids. That's my "break". I figure my next real vacation, however, will be when I'm dead and buried. Taking care of the kids is my job. I chose this. Other than hiring a babysitter and paying someone to do MY job...that's it.

"Needing" a vacation is one thing. "Deserving" is another. "Getting" is yet another thing.

And why single out moms of one kid?
    Anonymous