• In the Spotlight:

Why do we become so obsessed with pregnancy?

I know it normal to go through pregnancy obsession. But why do we become so obsessed? And, what to do when this obsession overtakes our lives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• get away from cafemom! lol pregnancy was way more fun before this stupid site. i'm addicted though.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• im addicted to the site as well. But im obsessed because Im pregnant and I love being pregnant so thats really it for me
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It's a fundamental biological urge to reproduce. As humans, we're wired to think more about it rather than simply act on it, so we end up engaged in obsessive behavior. If you consider that some animals only live to reproduce, then die, we actually don't obsess!
    Anonymous

• I was happy to be pregnant and felt pretty good but I was not obssessed. Since I started reading and posting here last fall, I have noticed that Moms go ballistic with their opinions and get really emotional about pregnancy. It is kind funny,really. I have never known any Moms in my age group (over 50 ) who were so wacky about pregnancy. Seriously.
    I think there is a need for most Moms to relax and enjoy being pregnant.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt say im obsessed with being pregnant.. i just really loved feeling my little one kicking and knowing there was a lfe growing inside me that could do anything. i feel so amazing when im pregnant..but truly i really love labor and delivery:) lol i know some moms are going "what?!!" but i do.. its more of a spiritual expirience for me than painful.i reallycannot wait to become pregnant again:)
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 6:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I know that this site can be a good thing and a bad thing for hormonal pregnant women they can get there steam off here that take it out on there husbands i used to be obsessed about being pregnant but i had a miscarriage and gave up on it know i am 35 to 36 weeks and happy but not obsessed
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009