Confessed to cheating

I confessed that I cheated on my hubby after he cheated on me. This was about a year ago, I caught him with another woman, but he made out naked with her...I acutally had sex and I think he thinks mine is worse...and now he is denying our baby since it happened around the time I found out I was pregnant. I shouldn't have cheating, I was so hurt by him, and now i'm hurt even more that I couldn't hold it in. He's talking divorce, but i'm wanting to work it out. Maybe it will just take him a little while to get over the shock?? I'm so confused, anyone been in this situation??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• he was making out with her naked? and they didnt have sex umm ok
    Anonymous

• I caught them that's why, and I told him had I waited 5 minutes he would have been on top..I just know it
    Anonymous

• both of you were equally wrong in what you did.
    It's understandible for him to question the paternity. In most states you can not get a divorce while pregnant unless a dna has already been done on the child so that the child support/custody can be established.
    You were both wrong, but if he wants out there's nothing you can do about it other than ask him to try again, to go to councelling, to agree to the DNA test for his peace of mind (any guy would be stupid to not ask for one if they even thought their woman had cheated).
    Good luck to you and yours, it's a tough spot I'm sure.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Thanks. I told him that we can get a paternity test because I know the baby is his, and I know why he is questioning. If the ultrasound is right I was already pregnant when that mistake happened. to bad the paternity tests are so much, the place i saw was like 400.00.
    Anonymous

• I say never confess anything unless at gunpoint and then I think I'd hesitate! lol Ok, I know this isn't funny. Unfortunately, men hold women to a higher standard and think we are supposed to be above cheating. We are human. Women have been known to cheat but men would rather be in denial over it. I'm sorry he's being a jerk and bringing in the child over it. My x still says he's not the father of our children (he is) and our kids are in their 30's. I had to finally give up yelling at him about it. I still it hurts my kids' feelings but they would never admit it. I tell them that he just hates me and is being hurtful without thinking how it will affect them. We sort of joke about it but it's still not really funny but we're making fun of him for being stupid. They all look like him! I'm not 100% sure what to say to you. DNA tests are very expensive as you mentioned. Just keep talking to him. Good luck. it's not easy with men!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• you can buy the kits in the stores now... send it off and have the results in less than a week for like $99. I saw some in walgreens, walmart and cvs... you can check the prices online too at dnadignostics.com I think it is or just type in DNA Testing in the search enging and have it waiting there at the hospital and upon delivery swab the child's mouth (so much better than sticking either of you with needles).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• The situation is totally lame. What is wrong with him? Why do people marry cheaters? Why did you decide cheating back would somehow be effective and help your marriage? Now you have to deal with this crap. He's ALWAYS going to hold it over your head that you had sex and he didn't. Can you live with that? Otherwise, I say get the dna test and move on.
    Anonymous