Are there any sports/activities for a 3 yr old boy?

I live in the NE side of San Antonio, Converse area.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You could check the YMCA...my son did soccer through that when he was 3. Or some of the local parks a lot of times have sporting activities for kids, but I think most of them start at 5.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• http://www.ksnusa.org/organizations.htm maybe try one of these numbers and ask them for referrals. Your local community center or YMCA(do those still exist??? haven't seen one here ) also.

Tumbling/Gymnastics are not "girly"(those some moms may disagree), but that's another option too for extra-cirriucular things if sports aren't available at his age. I'm not sure where you stand as far as "boy/girl" activities, but i'll let my daughter play ball with the boys and my son dance if he wants to. Just giving suggestions here LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 5:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I know there is Gymboree in San Antonio, its a music/playgroup and some karate studios start as young as three and also a few soccer teams start that young, you should contact your ymca and they should be able to tell you if they have any for his age. Oh and also the little gym is in SA, its more like tumbling
    Sammisweets

Answer by Sammisweets at 6:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Gymnastics is a good option. Like the others said, check with YMCA or Parks & Recreation. Our local P&R offers lots of activities for toddlers and young children.
    Anonymous

• my sister was put in soccer at that age, look into that
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If you can't find any organized clubs, just hit the local department store, pick up a bunch of different balls and go play. My son has learned tennis, baseball, soccer and football just by playing with me. After he's tried all of these and learned some basics (mainly hand eye coordination), then I enrolled him in the local soccer lessons. When he's older, he'll probably do t-ball/baseball, but he's still too young for the local organizations. I started playing sports with him as soon as he showed an interest in them...so since about 2. He got his first tennis racket last summer and stunned me with his ability to hit the ball. So just get some basic equipment and play...it's a lot cheaper than most organizations!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Definately check into YMCA!!! My son is starting Soccer in Sept. and he just turned 3 last month. He is super excited too...
    joelsmommy

Answer by joelsmommy at 10:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My son will be 3 in aug and he is signed up to play t-ball this coming year and he will start gymnastics in 2 weeks. he loves stuff like that. Maybe you could check out around where you are and see if they have an arts guild or something. That is where my son takes gymnastics. And check around for your local youth athletics associations and they will tell you if there are any sports being offered in your area for 3 year olds. Also, some churches do sports too. And they aren't competitive so it would be a good starter into sports.
    crabrams

Answer by crabrams at 10:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Gymnastics, dance, and karate to name a few. Usually all activities require that the child be potty trained before they can join in. Some kids are completely potty trained and others are not. My son turns two in October and I plan on signing him up for karate and myself to do a mom and son thing together.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Right now my son is learning how to box and is learning "Stranger Danger"... You might have to call around and see who offers sports for 3 yr olds. I hoped i helped some.
    fla_rea

Answer by fla_rea at 12:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2009