Is this ok.....or should I be worried?

My soon to be 8 month old was eating atleast 3 jars of 2nd foods and 5-6 4 oz. bottles a day. Then the past 2 weeks she will NOT even let the babyfood touch her mouth. She only eats 3 4 oz bottles a day....I cant get her to eat anything more. She has a runny nose and a cough too.....should I be concerned about this all conbined or is there something I don't know and this is just normal????? First time mom here......

TNT8687

Asked by TNT8687 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would suggest seeing her pediatrian if you havent already, especially for cough. I believe it is best not to take any chances and just tell the doctor everything that concerns you. They reaelly dont care if seem like super paranoid mom, i know ours didnt..
    marabug06

Answer by marabug06 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• She has a cold and it's expected they don't eat as much when sick. Their tummies are full of snot (running down the back of the throat) and they aren't as hungry. And wait until it works it's way out into her diaper.

As for not wanting baby food any longer, time to give her some table foods! Dice them up make sure they're soft pieces and fix a plate for her. Give her some of what you're eating at mealtime!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Sounds like she might have a little bit of a cold and maybe some of the nose drainage is getting down in her tummy and making her less hungry.I wouldnt worry to much about it unless she was running a high fever and was refusing food and bottles all together.Maybe call the doctor and ask what you could give her as far as medicine to help her symptoms.Hope she feels better soon!
    goodmom31

Answer by goodmom31 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If it's not because she is sick, then she may be like my son. One day he refused to eat any baby foods. He will only eat table foods. We just give him things off of our plates, making sure they are either smashed or something that he can chew easily. I'm guessing he just doesn't like the taste of baby food.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2009