What age did yall let ur daughter start shaving?

My daughter is gonna by 10 in september and two of her cousins stared shaving so nauturally she wants to. But i remember being in the 5th grade and wanting to but my parents wouldn't let. So by 6th grade i did. So any advice would be great!

southermomof3

Asked by southermomof3 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• no a parent of a teen but I have a baby sister and I act like im her mom...lol

but she was allowed to shave when she started her period. She was told when she first asked, around 10, that that was her priveledge for becomming a young woman. now she's 11 and shaves so she stared her period obviously. I also had the same rule and didnt get to shave until 12.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I don't have teens or girls but I was aloud to shave going into 5th grade I think and around when I started my period like around 9 or 10
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 6:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I told my daughter she isn't allowed to shave until she moves out. She isn't hairy and the hair she does have is very fine and light.
    Anonymous

• Hi I told my 9 yr old daughter no to shaving. We discussed it several times, my answer was always the same NO. So she decided to do it on her own. Not only did she shave her legs but she also shaved her arms! I felt really bad because she could have really hurt herself.
    catseyez

Answer by catseyez at 6:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• 18.
    Anonymous

• I let my daughter start when she was 11 and going into 6th grade. Most of her friends were doing a year or two before that. If you expect she'll start her period at an average age that might be a good time, but if you expect her to be a late bloomer please don't make her wait. It's really hard for a late bloomer to feel like she belongs. I didn't start my period until after I was in high school, and my 13 yo daughter has yet to start hers either. I was a twirler with the band, and if my mom had made me wait it would have been really embarrassing for me to wear the uniform. I think it would have been very devastating to my self esteem.
    Anonymous

• If you are worried about her cutting herself, then get her an electric shaver to start out with. By the time it goes out or needs new blades she'll probably be ready for a regular razor.
    Anonymous

• I think it varies on each girl. I started shaving and my period at 11. My daughter is eight and is already starting to show signs of puberty. Her hair on her legs is darkening, she has hair on her privates, and she is developing up top. She wants to start shaving now, but I keep telling her once she starts, she has to keep it up. This holds her off for a while.
    Anonymous

• Thanks you guys!! All of these answers are really helpful.
    southermomof3

Answer by southermomof3 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i personally dont agree with younger kids 9,10,11,12 shaving, my sd it 12 and she does not have enough sense to use a razor..so since she wanted the hair removed i got her some veet hair removal cream..its awesome and she loves it..i was worried about her cutting herself with the razor so this was a better option for us...it works great and literally all the hair came off..good luck
    Anonymous