stillborn...

when you have a still born does it hurt like does your body automatically know. or do you find out when the dr tries to listen to the heart beat && doesn't find it?
just wondering all this pregnancy crap scares me

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm 23 weeks and on the same boat as you! I really dont know cus this is my 1st and last!it scare the crap out of me too!gosh all the storys on here uhh there so scary!
    Anonymous

• depends on how far you are, still born is usually a death at or shothly before birth, a miscarriage will most likely happen if the baby dies in the uterus. I know it is hard but try to think of the positives, you dont want to stress yourself out. Most miscarriages happen to NO fault of the mother, it something that happens when the fetus is not developing correctly. Take care of yourself and follow your Doctors orders.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I don't know but I don't think you feel anything, you just notice the baby hasn't moved in a while and go to the doctor and they check. I know of someone that was 8 months and when she went for her doctor appt. they couldn't find the heartbeat and then they did a ultrasound and seen the baby was dead. I asked my doctor about counting kicks and he said if one day you notice the baby has a decrease in movement then drink some juice or something sugary and lay on your left side and count how many times it moves or kicks in 2 hours, if it kicks at least 10 times within 2 hours then the baby is fine but if its only moved like 3 or so times in those 2 hours there might be something wrong and to call them

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 6:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My niece was due on the 24th of this month. She passed away around the 24th of June. She was a very relaxed baby, but when my sil hadnt felt her move she went to the doctor. My niece was already gone. There was a problem with the placenta. It is realy rare for this to happen. I am currently 33 wks and am trying not to worry. The one thing you should do above else to relieve your mind is DO YOUR KICK COUNTS! Good luck im sure everything will be ok.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 12:07 AM on Jul. 30, 2009